January 15, 2010

My Untitled Poem

Through the sad frowns
The cheerful smiles
Through the blessings
And through the trials

Through the shining sun
And the pouring rain
Through the happiness
And through your pain

Through our countless laughs
And the sorrowful tears
When your brutally hurt
Through your many fears

Through the rough days
And those sleepless nights
Through the tough times
And those pointless fights

When your heart is torn
And your beautifully broken
You can run to me
My arms are wide open

Through everything life throws at us
I know that this is true
No matter how hard it gets
I'll always stick with you

-Lauren Ashleigh

Cheezy? A little I guess.
Took me about 20 minutes to write. I was writing a song for some friends as a Christmas present. But that kind of just went down in flames, so I had to quickly write something. And this is what I came up with.
Still fixing it up a bit. I added another couple lines to it than the original I gave to them.

But, tell me what you think? :)

1 comment:

  1. I like it. It's clean, honest, refreshing, and from your heart. Whoever the recipients were, they were very lucky indeed, especially if you meant the sentiment contained.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete